I've been wanting to do this project for a while but was not sure how I was going to do it, until I found these cool baskets at Kmart for a bargain $10 each. The metal bases with wheels are plant stands I picked up from Bunnings for $9 each. And I also picked up some black wire for $6.
I decided to use some left over drop cloth (from my bench seat) to make the linings for each basket. To get them to fit I wrapped my drop cloth around the outside of the basket and pinned it in place. Then cut off the excess.
I also cut off the bottom excess fabric.
I unpinned the sides and laid it flat on some more drop cloth so I could cut out the second liner.
Then I doubled over my left over fabric and traced the bottom of the basket. I pinned the circle bases together to make them easier to cut out.
I pinned the sides and bases and sewed them all together to complete the linings.
Next I attached my metal bases with the black wire. I only needed two pieces on each bottom to secure them.
Then I put my linings in each basket and that was it. I'm not sure if I need to attach the lining to the basket yet. I'll see how it goes.
So cost to make two laundry baskets was $44. I was looking at one basket for $45 without lining in the shop so I think I did okay. :)
Full laundry makeover reveal coming soon!