Repotted Olive Tree Topiary

Today I wanted to share how I tweaked my olive plant branches to look more like a beautiful rustic topiary.

My olive branches originally came in a glass bottle from Target. 
I moved them to a container inside this metal bucket and filled it up with natural coloured wood wool.
And although you can't see it, the branches were taped together with clear sticky tape. 

So first thing I did was wrap my stems with white masking tape. 
Then I mixed up some green paint in a similar shade to the stems and painted the tape.

The super cute pot I got at Flower Power a few weeks ago.
I added some floristry foam and a circular cutting of faux grass.

To lift up the pot a bit I sat it on some old books.

And it all comes together perfectly on my vintage plant stand. 

I really like how a few little tweaks can make an old plant look fresh and new again.

And as you can see, I'm beginning to put up some of my Easter decorations too. 

:) Julie

Shared at:
Chatfield Court