DIY Crystal Chandelier

Happy Friday everyone!

I've been a bit quiet this week as I am (supposed to be) resting up after a knee operation. I tore some cartilage in my knee in January. I don't know how, I just started to get a very sore knee and a large bruise appeared. An inital X-ray revealed nothing and I was told to rest up and see how it went as the next step would be a rather expensive MRI. 6 months later and I was consistently waking up in pain during the night. So, I got the MRI and it revealed a tear in my knee which required surgery. I had the operation last Tuesday. It was a day surgery but with Covid restrictions I wasn't allowed to have anyone in the hospital with me. I was a bit nervous but the hospital was great and all went well. My knee is still swollen and it is difficult to walk but I still have the urge to DIY. Hubby has had to be firm with me on a number of occasions to not do any projects, although I do have a few in the process, as always! 

So instead, today I'm going to be sharing a project that I completed a while ago but wanted to wait and see if I was going to keep before I shared it. Do you ever have those projects?

Remember a while back I used Rub n Buff to give our dining room chandelier a makeover?

 


There was a lot of trial and error but in the end, I loved the result. And still do! 

I also had the idea of blinging it up a bit with some faux crystals. 



I purchased the above ones off Ebay which were super cheap but a great quality.


I tried out a few different hanging patterns till I found one I liked.


Some hot glue held them in place. And I'm super happy with the results. 


This is how the chandelier used to look, painted with matt black paint. I really want to try and take out some of the black accents in our house and soften it up with some gold and brass tones. 


I've actually been doing a few projects in the bathroom that I look forward to sharing when I'm feeling better.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Stay safe!

Comments